The Ruins of Caisleán Cheatharlach of Ireland

Carlow Castle (Caisleán Cheatharlach) is on 6 Mill Lane, Carlow, County Carlow, Ireland. The sign at the abandoned Carlow Castle states “This castle was probably built in the early 13th century by William Marshal, who succeeded Strongbow (the Norman conqueror of the Leinster) as Lord of Leinster. Sited on aRead More →

Dromore Castle is off of Road N69 down and unamed road in the area of Dromore, County Limerick, the province of Munster, Ireland. Dromore Castle built in 1870 for the Earl of Limerick in County Limerick, Ireland. It was designed in Gothic Revival style by Edward Godwin. After it wasRead More →

abandoned Ducketts grove house ruins in Ireland

Duckett’s Grove House is on an unnamed road just off the R418 in County Carlow, the province of Leinster, Ireland. William Duckett built the large manor of Duckett’s Grove in 1830. Sometime before 1921, the Duckett family decided to leave the great house and it was maintained until that year.Read More →

The abandoned Hell Fire Club (also known as ‘The Shooting Lodge’, ‘Conolly’s Folly’, ‘The Haunted House’ and ‘The Kennel’) is off Old Military Road (R115), the county Dublin, Ireland. This Palladian architectural styled hunting lodge was originally named Mount Pelier by William Conolly. It is believed to have been builtRead More →