Château de Carnelle is really the Château de Franconville-aux-Bois (also known as the château de Saint-Martin-du-Tertre and Castle of Franconville) and is off of the Rue Corentin Celton, in the commune of Saint-Martin-du-Tetre, the department of Val-d’Oise, the Ile-de-France region of France. The castle of Franconville has been nicknamed the
Oradour-sur-Glane was a village destroyed by a German Waffen-SS company and is located in La Cité Martyre, Oradour-sur-Glane, France. This once lovely and happy town came to end on June 10, 1944. SS-Sturmbannführer Adolf Diekmann and his battalion sealed off Oradour-sur-Glane having confused it with the nearby Oradour-sur-Vayres. This was
The Chateau de Saulxures (also known as Castle Saulxures, Petit Versailles or Versailles Vosges) is on Avenue Foch in the commune of Saulxures-sur-Moselotte, Vosges, the Region of Lorraine, France. The now abandoned Chateau de Saulxures was commissioned by Elizabeth Gehin during the golden age of textile industry. Construction began in
The Chateau de Singes (Castle of Monkeys) is also known as the Chateau la Folie (Chateau of Folly) but is really the Château à Cahaignes (Castle Cahaignes). It is located off Rue de Chateau (Castle Street) in Cahaignes, Eure, Upper Normandy, France. The history of the decaying Château à Cahaignes
Located in North East France lies this dilapidated house / government service building that looks to be completely falling apart. Besides being ravaged by time it is located on government property with signs stating “zone de captage acces interdit”. This translates to “Catchment Area Forbidden Access”. In the Moselle department
Le sanatorium d’Aincourt is on 7 Rue des Acacias, in the commune of Aincourt, Val-d’Oise department of the Ile-de-France region of France. Aincourt Sanatorium was built by architects Edward Crevel and John Paul Decaux in the early 1930’s. The sanatorium, also dubbed ‘Home for the Cure’, was opened in 1933.