The ghost town of Bounty is an unincorporated hamlet off of Front Avenue on Main Street, James Street, Protect Avenue and Saskatchewan Avenue, on the outskirts of the town of Conquest, the prairie province Saskatchewan, Canada.
Initially the town of Bounty was named Botany due to the rows of blossoming and beautiful tiger lilies growing all over the prairie fields. The first settlers who arrived in 1900 loved the area at first sight and soon, in 1910, the town was surveyed and established.
After the survey, the town blueprints were created and due to a misprint of Botany as Bounty the town was officially named and never changed as Bounty.
The town thrived with popular Saturday night dances at the local dance hall, grain elevators, a 24 story hotel, a newspaper, 2 banks and a small cemetery. At the bulk of prosperity Bounty had around 200 year round residents and a professional baseball team.
In 1997, Bounty lost the status of village due to the ever decreasing amount of residents. Now designated as a hamlet, the future of Bounty is uncertain, with former residents watching over the town and looking to upkeep and maintain the buildings that brought so much joy for over 90 years.
Where is the abandoned ghost town of Bounty located? You can find it with these coordinates! 51.522443,-107.361574.
All images are © Cody and Giselle, who after spending 28 months traveling the world are headed home. Be sure to check out their awesome travels at www.mindfulwanderlust.com.