The ruins of Union Station are on 95 Union street, the city of Lockport, Niagara County, New York.
The Lockport Union Station was constructed in 1889. The passenger rail terminal was designed in a Romanesque style architecture by W. E. Houston and Bendinger & Young. The Lockport Rail Station was built at the request of the New York Central Railroad. In the 1940’s, the station was closed and unused until 1967 when it began to be renovated. The old station was opened as a restaurant in 1971 and thrived until a fire destroyed the building internally in 1974. It was again renovated after the fire but was burned out by a fire again in 1978.
Union Station was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
Where are the abandoned ruins of the Lockport Union Station located? You can find it with these coordinates. 43.173896,-78.685472.
Image 1 used under Creative Commons License Attribution No Derivs 3.0 Unported. Image 1 by Garwood900 / Panoramio.
Image 2 used under Creative Commons License Attribution Non Commercial No Derivs 2.0 Generic. Image 2 by Chris Seward / Flickr / cseward.