Le Manoir d’Onuskis is off of road Rokiškio gatve, on route 3601, in the small area of Skuomantai, the settlement of Onuškis, Rokiškis district, Lithuania.
The exact history of the manor Onuškis and its land is unknown but the area is referenced as early as 1529. The land was owned by nobility since the 16th century, the families of known title to own the land include the last names of Rájecko, Mleckos, Kaminski and Komarai. The house ruins that are seen today were built sometime after 1847 in a Late Classicism architectural style. The manor grew to encompass a courtyard and other outbuildings that were designed in a Neo-Romantic brick style. Le Manoir d’Onuskis was a beautiful home that continued to live until World War II, when at some time that is now lost to history the palace was burned.
Below is an 1875, watercolor painting by Polish artist Napoleon Orda, of Onuškis Manor.
Where are the abandoned ruins of Onuškis Manor located? You can find it with these coordinates. 56.139716,25.531742.
Images used under Creative Commons License Attribution 3.0 Unported. Images by Alek Sandrs / Panoramio.