The abandoned Torpedowaffenplatz Hexengrund (or Torpedownia) is off the coast in Puck Bay of the Gdansk Gulf, near the road Zielona 17, the former district of Hexenfrund (now Babie Doly), in the city of Gdynia, the Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland.
Occupied by Germany, the German Air Force built a torpedo test facility in the Puck Bay at the beginning of World War II. Torpedownia was a four story, U-shaped structure that would fire and capture test torpedoes, by shooting them downward or by dropping them. Torpedowaffenplatz Hexengrund was built for operations in 1942.
In 1945, Torpedowaffenplatz was evacuated and the next day occupied by Soviet forces. After World War II, a new torpedo plant was built closer to Gydnia, Torpedownia was abandoned later that year. Today, Torpedowaffenplatz Hexengrund sits decaying past the mole, a reminder of the past.
All images are © Michal Wilczek and were used with permission. Follow Mikee on his flickr account: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mikeesfp.
Where is the abandoned torpedo station of Hexengrund located? You can find it with these coordinates. 54.587203,18.545168.