The Château de Noisy (or Château Miranda or Miranda Castle), is located in the Adrennes Forest, on Noisy 5561 Houyet, in Celles, province of Namur, Belgium.
Miranda Castle was built in 1866 by commission from the Liedekerke-Beaufort family. English architect Milner is responsible for the abandoned castles design. The descendants of the Liedekerke-Beaufort family occupied the castle until World War II. In the 1940’s it was take over by the National Railway Company of Belgium and used as an orphanage. It remained as such until 1980, and was used periodically afterwards until 1990.
It has remained empty since 1991. The municipality of Celles has offered to take the castle under its control but the family who owns it will not accept. It remains beautiful, desolate, and derelict.
Where is the lovely dilapidation of Château Miranda located? You can find it with these coordinates. 50.222232,4.99018.
Image 1 used under Creative Commons License Attribution Non Commercial No Derivs 2.0 Generic. Image 1 by stibou5 / Flickr.
Images 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 used under Creative Commons License Attribution Non Commercial Share Alike 2.0 Generic. Images 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 by Paul-Henri S / Flickr / polanri.