The Club Med Caprera is at Garibaldi Cove off of Strada Cala Garibaldi, in the Arcipelago di La Maddalena National Park, the commune of La Maddalena, island of Caprera, Italy.
This Club Méditerranée opened in 1954, which is evident due to the straw huts and communal washing stations which were the original accommodations for the early all inclusive Club Meds (both seen above). This facility offered many jobs to locals and was opened between May and October (from October to May this half of the island was closed to allow for military training). In 2006, the Club Med began to revamp its image due to competitors and closed several of its facilities including this one. It was slated that this one would be redesigned and later re opened with new suites (no huts) and more as it resides in a prime location. Up until 2013, Club Med paid over 200,000 Euros annually for the residency of the property until they could further provide funding to make a new Club Med. At the beginning of 2014, Club Med handed over the facility to the State abandoning plans for a 5 star resort and leaving the future of the site unknown.
Where is the abandoned Club Med Caprera located? You can find it with these coordinates. 41.222713,9.455184